Friday, October 5, 2007

Can't Women Just Leave?

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness and National Domestic Violence Month and since my life has been affected by both, I felt that I should make sure that I get the word out on each. Therefore I have included information on this blog as well as on my website http://www.avirtuouswoman-31.org/ , that will be of benefit to those who want to learn more.

Now, on to the discussion.

Although the risk of staying may be very high, simply leaving the relationship does not guarantee that the violence will stop. In fact, the period during which a woman is planning or making her exit, is often the most dangerous time for her and her children. Many women are frightened of the abuser, and with good reason. It's common for perpetrators to threaten to harm or even kill their partners or children if she leaves.
Reasons why a woman may not be ready to leave can be varied.

This weeks question is Why Don't Women Leave their Abusive Situations?

Leave your comments here and then answer the poll question Can't She Just Leave?

Check back next week to see the answers.

No comments: