Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Changing Ain't Easy

Seasons change, friends move away, and life goes on from day to day. Flowers fade and streams go dry and many times we wonder why. Yet we can always be assured because God tells us in His Word, that unlike changes in the weather, love goes on and lasts ~ unknown.

Scripture:
As you come to him, the living Stone–rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him– you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. 1 Peter 2:4-6

Saints, how many of you have been going through some things for what seems like a long time? How many of you are in a valley experience with no mountain-top in sight? How many of you feel that no matter how much you pray, fast and sacrifice, God doesn't seem to hear your prayers? Well I don't know about you, but I raised my hand at each question. However, there is something that I now realize. Since becoming a Christian, I have changed.

Things that would have sent me into a tailspin don't anymore. Instead of breaking down and crying about everything, I pray instead. Instead of talking about what others are doing to me, I talk about what God is doing in my life.

Now don't get me wrong. I still become sad and frustrated over things. I still worry about certain things, my children for example, but I have learned to depend on God more and more.

I realize that over these past few years, I have changed a lot of things about myself and how I am living. I realize that everything that the world accepts is not what I am supposed to accept. I realize that God didn't save me for me; God saved me for his edification.

I have realized that God is still in control and if I just be step back, be still and know that he is God, Changing ain't that hard.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, as a new day begins, so does fresh grace and mercy. Thank you Father for a new beginning and for new revelations. Lord, we come before the throne of grace once again, humbling our hearts, our minds and our spirits to pay homage to you. We bow our heads and lift our hands to glorify the name of the Lord. When we stop to think about your goodness and your mercies, we say thank you Lord that you remember me, a sinner who is not worthy. Father, we don't know what this day may bring, but the one thing that we do know is that you are with us always. During times of sadness, joy, despair, peace and even in the midst of the storm your goodness and mercy are at our side. Lord, satan would have us believe that things in our lives will never change. We rebuke satan and his lies, in the name of Jesus. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. I can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me. I am the head and not the tail, I am above and not below. Victory is mine, in the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at www.virtuousliving.com. She has contributed to several anthologies and is currently preparing for the release of her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint, in April 2009.

No comments: