Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Know I've Been Changed

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altared. ~Nelson Mandela

Scripture:
The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person. 1 Samuel 10:6 (New International Version)

I find myself at an age where I am constantly reviewing my past. I can honestly say, that I have not always known the Lord. I have done and said things that have caused myself and others heartache and pain. But you in retrospect, I also realize that since accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, I know I have been changed.

You see, since establishing my own personal relationship with the Lord, there are things that I can no longer do, places I can no go and even some people I can no longer associate with. Now this may not hold true for all Christians, but it does for me.

You see, the quality of my life is more important than the things in my life. It’s more important to me to be a good mother, a good friend but most of all, a good Christian. I cannot in good conscience cause other people harm through my action or words. I find that I am more compassionate to the needs of others. I have realized that the world doesn’t revolve around me.

When you develop a relationship with the Master, He become just that; the Master and ruler of your life. Even when you think you might want to return to your old way of doing things, you find that there is something within you that speaks to your heart; your conscience.

If you don’t have that something within you, ask yourself, Have I really changed?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Once far from God and dead in sin No light my heart could see But in God's Word the light I found Now Christ liveth in me. Father God, May I keep growing closer and closer to You. Thank You Lord for blessing me in so many ways. Father, we ask that You would give us perseverance, endurance, and the strength to always seek Your counsel and guidance. Lord, we realize that so often we take Your word for granted. Forgive us Lord, for neglecting Your word. Lord, feed us the words that nourishes not only our bodies but our spirits and our minds as well. Lord, we when pray, help us to think of the needs of others before we think of our own, Help us Lord, to seek Your living water. For without the living water from the fountain that never runs dry, we will wither and die. We give thanks to You Lord, for always listening to us, even when we have neglected You. Thank You Lord, for our brothers and sisters who come before the throne of grace on our behalf. Thank You Lord, that You manifest Your presence in our lives when we least expect it. Bless Your name. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus, in whose name we pray. Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at www.virtuousliving.com. She has contributed to several anthologies and is currently preparing for the release of her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint, in April 2009.

No comments: