Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Going Through to Get To!

Remember, Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. ~Michael Jordan

Scripture:
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have. Philippians 1:29-30 (New International Version)

Recently, I had a conversation with a friend who just discovered some life altering news. As we talked about this new revelation, through her tears she asked, Why am I always going through?

As I tried to comfort my friend, I tried to explain to her going through something, is just a journey. It is a journey of our souls from one place to the other.

Today I am here to tell you that even as you are going through, God is there with you. Even in your times of trouble, he still grants you peace. Even as we walk through the valleys of sickness, depression, financial difficulties, death, and disaster, God will never leave us nor forsake us.

Understand that each and everyone will have to go through something. Sometimes it’s because of things that we have done, the choices that we have made, or even just because it's necessary.

Sometimes God allows us to go through some thing for our own good. Maybe it's to protect us. Maybe it's to help us see just how blessed we are. Maybe it's to help us grow. There is one very important thing that I have learned about going through the valley of trials and tribulations and that is, none of us will stay in the valley.

It's just a journey to the other side!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
God bless those of us who are battling those inner demons of depression, loneliness, unworthiness, and hopelessness. Shine Your warm Heavenly Light down upon all of us, Lord, guide us to find peace, happiness, and contentment in our lives and within ourselves. The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that You are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust You and put my present and my future in Your hands. We pray, O God of hope, for all families whose lives are torn and disrupted by drugs and alcohol. Enable them to identify the illness. Strengthen them to seek help. Bless them with the power of Your love, which imparts transformation and wholeness to those who trust in Your name. Grant that as they walk this tortured road, they may journey together and bound close in the bond of love. Lord, we thank You for this day. for life and one more day to love, for neighbors, family, and friends. One more person to love and by whom be loved, for Your grace and one more experience of Your presence, for Your promise: to be with us, to be our God, and to give salvation. For these, and all blessings, we give You thanks, eternal, loving God, through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

No comments: