Friday, August 3, 2012

Learn more about 2012 African American Literary Award Show nominee Pamela D. Rice


Chocolate or Vanilla? Give me anything chocolate!

What flavor of Starbucks Coffee would your main character order? Layla from "The Monday Night Mistress" would order a skinny Mocha latte. She likes the flavor, but does not want the extra calories.

Coffee or tea? I usually drink a cup of both daily. Java in the morning and a cup of herbal tea later in the day.

Favorite color- peach

What books have most influenced your life most? I love the classics. "Native Son", "Of Mice and Men", "The Grapes of Wrath"


Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? I always enjoyed the writing exercises in elementary school. Everyone else would complain, but I would look forward to expressing myself


What was the hardest part of writing your book(s)? The hardest part is finding a balance between work life, home life, and my life as an author


Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it? During discussions of "The Sunday Morning Wife", I learned that it takes time to heal from the horrors of domestic violence. The scars are deeply rooted.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I want my readers to know that no one is perfect; we all make mistakes in life that we can grow from. Also, even when we have gone through difficult situations, we can emerge whole through counseling, prayer, and faith. 


No comments: