Monday, March 11, 2013

Meet Author Natasha Frazier


  1. A legacy is something that is handed down from one period of time to another period of time. What legacy do you hope to leave behind with your writing? Answer: My primary reason for writing is to encourage and inspire my readers to take a deep, personal look at themselves and seek to become better for and through Christ. I hope to leave behind a legacy that inspires and empowers readers to grow closer to God and their purpose and motivate those around them to do the same.

    2. What is the most rewarding aspect of your career? Answer: The most rewarding aspect is receiving feedback from readers that tell me they were inspired by reading my book and that their lives are changing. It brings me great joy that the purpose for which I wrote the book is being accomplished.


    3. What songs are on your iPod? Answer: Many songs but my favorite artists are Alicia Keys, Shekinah Glory Ministry, Israel & New Breed and John Legend.

    4. How long did it take to write your book? Answer: From the point of commitment to finishing, it took me approximately nine months to complete my book.

    5. How many hours a week do you devote to writing, including research? Answer: When writing The Life Your Spirit Craves, I wrote as I was led by the Holy Spirit. The devotionals in this book were written during my study time. Although, I studied each night, I didn’t always write. Then, there were a few nights when I wrote two devotionals. There were also devotionals that did not make the final cut into the book. Since I work full-time, initially I would write in my journal at night and type them up on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. So on average, I spent about 5-7 hours per week writing.

  2. 6. How do you keep a balance between family, work, and writing? Answer: A Calendar! Generally, I set aside specific times at night or on the weekends to write. This is usually after family time, dinner, cleaning and bedtime.

    7. Are you devoted to your genre or do you see yourself writing in another genre at some point in the future? Answer: When I first developed the desire to write, it was for romance novels. I also wanted to inspire readers so I was torn with this for quite some time. I actually began writing a novel before I started The Life Your Spirit Craves. At this time, it is set to be a Christian romance novel. I do plan to finish it at some point so yes; I will publish at least one book in another genre.

    8. Do you have any appearances planned? Answer: Yes. I have a radio interview with The Review with Joy and Company that will air on April 13th, 7:00 p.m. on 100.7 FM. I also have a book signing scheduled at The Fountain of Praise in Houston, TX on May 12, 2013.

    9. How can others reach you? Answer: I have a Facebook and twitter page. I’m listed under my name on both websites. My twitter account is @cpakauthor. I can also be reached through my website www.encouraging-works.com

    10. What last words of encouragement would you like to leave with our listeners? Answer: Whatever it is that God has placed in your heart to do, do it! God will certainly give provision for whatever it is that He is leading you to do. Joshua 1:9 says not to be afraid because He will be with you wherever you go! Be encouraged; God loves you beyond measure!


No comments: