Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Word Power


Love your neighbor as "YOURSELF" is one of the commandments often quoted from scripture. Many times emphasis is placed on the neighbor rather than "YOURSELF" In fact some would have you believe that loving yourself is somewhat conceited. Yet, if that were the case why is it there. Furthermore, loving you is a prerequisite to loving others.

Loving yourself is a major part of success. It is something that makes you feel good about yourself and leads you to accept who you are. People who love themselves first emerge successful in any field because they recognize they are not what they do. While most people generally love themselves during their childhood, they are eventually bombarded with negativism as they grow up. Even the most loving parents can unconsciously make their own children feel bad about themselves. If certain events in your life have damaged your ability to love yourself start using the power of words to rebuild what has been torn down. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

You can use any of these powerful affirmations.

“I feel great about myself and I love myself for who I am.”
“Today, I shower myself with unconditional love.”
“I radiate respect and love so I get love and respect in return.”
“I am intelligent, creative, and cultured but I am still a humble person.”
“I have the freedom to make my own decisions in life.”
“I am a special person who deserves love and respect from others.”
“My high self-esteem enables me to accept compliments with ease and compliment others in return.”
“It does not matter what other people say. What matters most is how I react to what they say and what I believe.”
“I deserve everything good that happens in my life. I release the need for suffering and misery.”
“From this day forward, I release the need to prove myself to anyone else.”
“I always get the support I need. The universe is with me at every step I take.”
“I feel grateful for having a wonderful life.”
“Today, the door opens for many opportunities that universe has in store for me.”
“My mind is full of prosperous, loving, and positive thoughts that manifest themselves in my life experiences.” “I release the past and live in the present. I get to enjoy every good thing that comes and experience life to the fullest.”
“I am a beautiful, talented, and capable person.”
“I believe in myself and my ability to excel in everything I do.”

The difference between loving yourself and not loving yourself can mean the difference between success and failure as well as happiness and misery. Once you have become capable of loving yourself and accepting yourself for who you are, you can experience positive changes in your life. If you are incapable of respecting yourself, you have no right to expect others to do so.

No comments: