Friday, March 28, 2008

Meet Elon Bomani


Elon Bomani is an author, holistic natural living mentor, and self-made millionaire. Recently, Favor Magazines, Cheryl Lacey Donovan had an opportunity to sit down with Elon and talk to her about her life and how she went from homelessness to a self-made millionaire.


You wear so many hats, how do you manage to find balance in your life?


In order to find balance in my life I make sure that my mind my body and my spirit are in balance. In order to do that I start my day around 3:00am. From 3:00am - 8:00am I spend time by myself with God. I also really love what I do and I encourage others to find something they love to do, find a way to do it and when you do you’ll never work a day in your life.


What is a typical day like for Elon?


I awaken at 3:00am. First I pray because that it my communication with God, Secondly I meditate because that gives God the ability to communicate with me. Finally I do yoga as a means to get my mind, body and spirit in totally communion with one another.
You have been quoted as saying words create your world, what does that mean?
Proverbs teaches us that we have the power of life and death in our own tongues. So, I truly believe that everything that we say is a prayer. Therefore, with our words we are able to create our own reality.


You were homeless, yet you had a good credit rating. How did that happen?


The reality is that most of us are one paycheck from homelessness or bankruptcy. In my case I was a natural practitioner with a store front practice. I was married and I had a newborn baby. ONe of my fears was that I did not want to be unavailable for my child. So, I made a consciouns decision to close my practice. Not unlike many other women. I had releinquished all of the control of my finances to my husband. Unfortunately, he took advantage of that and I found myself homeless. I was not financially savvy at the time and as a result I had to learn how to create my own wealth


Elon this brings me to the next question. You say that the african american community is suffering from wealth deprivation, how have you assisted in the elimination of this phenomenon?


Well, as you know we were at one time the commodity. The reality behind slavery is more an economic one rather that an emotional one. As a result, we as a community have a subconscious aversion to money. We believe that our self worth is determined by our networth. Therefore, we go out and buy the things that we feel make us look wealthy.

I remember one interview that I did where the interviewer made the comment that white people are rich and black people just look rich . This is so true.


None of us were taught to be financially savvy as we were growing up. We were told to go to school and get a job. But, these practices do not lead to wealth.


In order to get ourselves to wealth we need to do two things.


1. Develop a wealth consciousness
2. Become financially literate


Owning businesses and investing, particularly in real estate are the only ways that you can truly become wealthy.


What’s next for Elon?


I am currently writing my second book Dynamic Diva for Women Who Don’t have Time for a Nervous Breakdown but Need a Spiritual Breakthrough.


How can our readers get in contact with you?


They can visit my website http://www.thedynamicdiva.com/ where they can find a wealth of knowledge related to wealth, health, and wisdom.


Thank you so much Elon for the interview.

No comments: