Friday, June 12, 2009

Confessions for Victory

Scripture of Confession

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Teaching Point


There are some things in life you can always count on; trouble, heartache, danger, and failure to name a few. But it’s not the problems you face that are important it’s how you face these problems that counts.

There have been times in my life when new opportunities presented themselves and I immediately began doubting my ability. When God asked me to step out on faith I said, “I can’t do it.” This was never more apparent than when I first heard my calling. For years I allowed not being seminary trained to be an excuse for not walking in my calling. I believed I could not be effective.

Then God spoke to my heart and said, “I will never ask you to do anything that I won’t make you competent to do.

We should never focus on a new opportunity with out own ability alone. Remember God is always to guide and equip you with everything you need. It’s not your ability but His. At times we may feel God has abandoned us. But rest assured that as believers there is nothing that can separate us from the love of God.


Discussion Questions

1.) What is stopping you from fulfilling God’s destiny for you life?



2.) What is God calling you to do?



3.) What steps can you take to move forward in you calling?



4.) How can not taking responsibility for your actions hinder you?



5.) When you face adversity, how do you respond?



6.) Do you dwell on what you don’t have?

No comments: