Saturday, October 3, 2009

October Observances

October marks the observances of two significant events; National Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each of these observances are near and dear to my heart because I have experienced them in a very personal way.

In 1979 I lost a cousin to breast cancer. This was during a time when awarness was really not a big deal. Breast cancer was just beginning to be examined as a problem and technology was far behind with regards to health care for women.

Domestic violence on the other hand is a much more personal issue. I understand all too well the intricacies associated with abuse victims and their home life.

In the next few weeks I will be posting information related to each of these topics. Please join me by posting comments and information. Together, let's work to erradicate each of these issues. God bless

No comments: