Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I just want my kids to do right!

I thought leaving letters would give my family a sense of security and make them feel the love I truly have for them. Instead it all blew up and hit the fan. They are at each other’s throats even worse than before I died. They weren’t as close as a family should be when I was living. My brother JB rarely speaks to his only son, Lawrence. My two daughters can’t stand to be in the same room as one another. I hate that it’s come to this, but I know my family. They want to just come to town for my funeral, find out what’s in the Will and go back to their own lives. I’m not going to let that happen.

I convinced my sister Connie Sue to give all of my immediate family members letters that I have written. I’ve only told them the truth with my words. That’s all I’d ever done in life. They know that I give them the truth, even when they don’t want it. I can’t help it. I love my family, despite the fact that they drive me absolutely crazy. Guess that’s just what family does, if you love them hard enough. I just pray that they get themselves together and realize the true importance of being a family. At least they better, or else they won’t touch a piece of anything I left in my Will!
-LuLuBell Darling Devereaux

Have a Cooling Board story you would like to post?
Post your Cooling Board stories online at http://www.thecoolingboard.blogspot.com/!


The Cooling Board by Tamara Angela Grant
www.tamaraangelagrant.com
Pre-order now online at amazon.com, target.com, or http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/!

No comments: